After Lisbon, the second Global Clean Energy Forum (GCEF) is being held on 15th and 16th of June, 2011 at Hotel Arts Barcelona, Marina 19-21, Barcelona, Spain. The International Herald Tribune’s Business of Green Series had set the goals since 2007 which finally materialised on 30th September and 1st October, 2010. This is the central meeting point of businessmen and scientists dealing with renewable energy.
Green energy needs special mention here as the whole event is based on it. The only way our future generation will be able to enjoy and use resources is through green energy as it promotes renewable energy sources like hydroelectricity, solar energy and the like. With the current depletion of non renewable resources our only hope rests in the hands of clean energy.
Let’s talk a little about renewable energy technologies.
- Industrial Revolution at the beginning of 20th century brought about technologies like hydropower, biomass combustion and geothermal power which are still used far and wide. These consist the 1st generation of technology.
- The second generation technology has been sustaining due to the ongoing research and development. The core being wind energy, bio energy and solar photovoltaic.
- The 3rd generation of technology haven’t been used commercially. They are still at the testing phase. They play with advanced solar thermal power and bio refinery technologies. Nanotechnology belongs to this generation of technology.
The objectives of the second GCEF are:
- Substitute grant in absence of subsidies.
- Cost effective production of renewable.
- Future projects in the pipe line on Clean Energy.
- Political endeavours supporting Clean Energy.
- Interaction of diverse agencies for escalation of renewable production.
The confirmed speakers are representatives from various governmental and non-governmental organisations. Some of them are:
- H.S.H. Prince Albert, Sovereign Prince of Monaco
- António Mexia, Chief Executive Officer, EdP
- Luís Maria Pérez, Regional General Manager, Digital Energy Business, GE
- Ravi Suri, Head of Project and Export Finance of Middle East, Pakistan and Africa, Standard Chartered
- Assaf Biderman, Associate Director, SENSEable City Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
For a list of all confirmed speakers visit http://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/gce11/27908/?&
For delegate registration visit https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ereg/newreg.php?eventid=19900&&
Audience should visit this event because:
- If you have a renewable project then this is the right place to find your sponsor.
- Members of Clean Energy Community would be here, thus giving you a the occasion for networking.
- Speakers from the supreme league of organizations would be participating. They are not restricted only to renewable resources industry but also finance, this even appreciates the keenness of any organization towards clean energy.
- Many new clean energy prospects would be disclosed here thus giving you a blink to your future.
- Gain knowledge about how use of renewable energy would influence the market.
GCEF is being conducted in association with Energy Intelligence (EI).
Hosted by Ajuntament de Barcelona.
Official sponsors are Acciona and EDP.
Media partners are Recharge, Energy.eu, Revolve, Pipeline, Skipso and Envirotech investor.